The LS-5's flash rate can be externally triggered by an external sensor/controller on the process machine or the LS-5-RCU Remote Controller can be optionally specified for this purpose. Refer to separate webpage on the LS-5-RCU.
The LS-5 produce a bright, sharp image under observation when the flash rate is synchronized with the "repeat rate" of the web material. The strobe operates using 24V DC using power already available on the machine or by using the our worldwide AC-DC power adapter available as an option.
The brightness, sharpness and uniform light output provided by the LS-5 is unmatched in the market based on it compact size and low cost. It is especially well-suited for use on narrow web equipment up to 16 inches in width (400 mm width) and even wider. Two or more units can be used together in a Master/Slave arrangement when wider web widths must be covered.
- Unmatched brightness, sharpness and uniformity from any strobe in its class
- Uses long-life Xenon U-tube which is easily replaced after 200 Million flashes
- Extremely short flash duration of less than 10 microseconds (µs) provides for a super-sharp image for easy observation
- Requires 24V DC Power (Not Included), An optional power adapter is available.
- Externally triggered using industry standard TTL-type square-wave signal at rates up to 208Hz and even higher
- Aluminum enclosure is efficiently dissipates heat eliminating the need for bulky heat sinks
- Two (2) or more LS-5 Strobes can be connected to each other for wider web coverage
- CE-certified for use worldwide
- Threading holes provided for fixed-mounting on machine frame or articulating arm
- Optional UV-Kit is offered to illuminate any UV printing requiring inspection. Includes special UV flashtube and lens.
|Flash Range||0 - 12,500 FPM (flashes per minute)|
|Power Required||24V DC (21.6….26.4VDC)/ 0.5A (12 Watts)|
Universal AC power supply sold separately, pn LS-AC-WORLD
|External Trigger Input||3 - 30 V / max 5 mA|
DIN 41524 5-pin standard plug
Uout = Uin, max 200 mA
|Life Cycle||> 200,000,000 flashes (@6000 FPM)|
|Flash Duration||< 5 µs|
|Illumination Intensity||Single flash 10 megalux @ 30cm (12 inches)|
|Illumination intensity||500 lux @ 30cm (12 inches), 6000 FPM|
|Illumination Area||20x30 cm|
|Light Colour||6000 - 6500 K|
|Flash Energy||600 mJ @ 1200 FPM|
|Dimensions||150 x 130 x 112 mm / 6.0" x 5.1" x 4.4"|
|Weight||870 g (1.9 lbs.)|
|Ambient Temperature||0 - 40 °C (32-104 °F)|
|Storage Temperature||-25 - 70 °C (-13 - 158 °F)|
|Air Humidity||Max 95%, non-condensing|
|Mounting Holes||Threaded 1/4 x 20 unc and 2x M5 holes on bottom side of strobe housing|
|Mounting Holes||Located on underside of housing:|
(1) 1/4 - 20UNC in center
(2) M5 Threaded Inserts (60 mm c:c) outer
|Manual Test Trigger||Pin1 (+24V)|
Jump Pin1 to Pin4
Momentarily Jump Pin3 to Pin5