0-50 Kg / 0-110lbs / 0-500 N
Accurately measure the pull or “pull-off” force on most soldered or solder-less wire terminals, crimped connectors and similar wire terminations.
The WTT-110 is an easy to use all-in-one, single-range solution suitable for a vast majority of terminal testing applications eliminating the need to purchase any additional grips, fixtures or accessories.
Suitable for wires AWG 30 to AWG 8 (diameters from 0.010" to 0.130").
- Precision strain gauge sensing provides a resolution of 1/5000 with an accuracy of 0.5%
- Display force values in “peak-hold” or “continuous” measurement mode
- Operates from AC power or built-in rechargeable battery via supplied adapter/ charger
- Test for UL 486 & Mil Spec and other standards
- Fabricated from steel and stainless steel, machined to the highest tolerances
- Model WTT-110RS includes RS-232 and analog outputs for external data recording
- Includes Traceable Calibration Certificate
1. Select the appropriately sized slot in the Wire Terminal Fixture and rotate to the front position
2. Insert the terminal and wire so that it is secured on the back-side of the slot
3. Route the wire so that it passes between the lever and the lever clamp
4. Select Peak-Hold or Continuous Measure mode using the PEAK key
5. Press the ZERO key to perform tare function
6. Rotate the lever clockwise, which clamps the wire and begins creating a pull force on the terminal
7. Read current force and breaking force on the digital display
|Calibration for all WTT-110 models can easily be verified or re-certified with a single 50 Kg hook weight as described below:|
1. Remove the lever by unscrewing it in a counter-clockwise direction and move the Wire Clamp assembly out from the path of the hanging sample.
2. Position the WTT-110 in a vertical position at the edge of a strong bench or desk (refer to photo). Be sure to secure it so it can not topple over when the weight is attached.
3. Using a heavy-duty monofilament (fishing line), wire or similar, suspend a known weight from one of the teeth on the wire terminal fixture by hooking a loop of the material over the selected tooth.
Complete calibration instructions:
|Measuring Range||0-50 Kg / 0-110 lbs / 0-500N|
(units selected via keypad)
|Resolution||0.01 Kg / 0.1 lbs / 0.1 N|
|Terminal Adapter Slot width (mm)||0.5, 0.8, 1.0, 1.4, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0|
|Accuracy||±0.5% F.S. or better|
Displays actual value in Kg, lbs pr N
Displays peak value in Kg, lbs pr N
|Wire Diameter||SAE AS7928 II: AWG 8...30|
IEC 60352-2: Cross section 0.05...10mm²
Maximum: 0.236" (6mm)
|Overload||200% Full Scale (LCD indicator at 120%)|
|Display||LCD, 4-1/2 digit, 12mm high|
|Power Supply||Internal NiCd battery, supplied with AC adapter/charger (115 V/60Hz)|
|RS-232C - 2400 KB / 8 / N / 1 / None (selectable baud rate)|
|Temp. Range||Operating: 32 to 104° F (0 to 40° C)|
Storage: -4 to 140° F (-20 to 60° C)
|Weight||30.8 lbs (14 Kg) (Shipping weight 37lbs)|
|Dimensions||14.2" x 6.3" 2.6" (360 x 160 65mm)|
|Material||Anodized aluminum, steel and stainless steel|
|Reverse Display||Turn the tester off, press and hold the Units Key, press and release ON/OFF and after 2 seconds release the units key.|
The WTT-110 is no longer available.
The WTT-110RS is no longer available.
Spare / Replacement Power Adapter for most Shimpo gauges
Spare / Replacement Internal Rechargeable NiMH Battery - FVE-BAT - BFGG0200511
Lever with Ball for WTT-110 and WTT-110RS
RS232 to USB Adapter
WTT-110/220/220X Wire Clamp Upgrade / Replacement