Measuring Range 0.1-40.0 mils (1-999 µm)
DCN-900 measures the thickness of paint coatings, anodize on aluminum, brass, zinc, stainless steel and other non-ferrous metals.
- Dependable accuracy over the entire range of the gauge, not just at "calibration check" points.
- Measures to 0.01 mil (0.1 µm), automatically rounding off to the nearest 0.1 mil (1 µm).
- Keypad-selectable English or metric units.
- Continuous reading update detects soft coatings as probe tip "sinks" into them.
- The DCF-900 and DCN-900 include the gauge and probe, a bare test plate, two precision calibrations shims & instructions, all in a foam-fitted carrying
- Calibration to NIST standards is available upon request.
- Remote probe permits easy access for difficult, hard-to-reach places.
- Longer lasting, driftless calibration... Set it and forget it for long periods of time and from job to job
- Very reliable operation... Consistent, repeatable measurements.
- Excellent results with thin substrates... As thin as 0.005" (10 µm)
- Operation unaffected by magnetic fields
|Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces||0.375" (9.5 mm)|
|Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces||2.5" (63.5 mm)|
|Minimum Headroom||2.5" (63.5mm)|
|Minimum Sample Diameter||0.5" (13 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - F|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - NFe|
|Range:||0.1-40.0 mils (0-999 µm)|
|Probe:||Eddy current, 0.4" (10 mm) dia., spring-loaded, with V-notched shell and 28" (70 cm) cable|
|Resolution:||0.1 mil (1 µm)|
|Battery/Life:||9 V alkaline/approx. 6 months normal use, with auto shutoff after 90 seconds of non-use.|
|Dimension:||5.7" x 3.1" x 1.5"|
(145 x 79 x 38 mm)
|Weight:||9 oz. (250 g)|
|Temperature Limits||Material: 15 to 140° F (-10 to 60° C)|
Ambient: 32 to 125° F (0 to 50° C)
|Warranty:||One (1) year|