The durable PosiTector® BHI has a number of advantages over the conventional analog (934-1 Barcol Hardness Tester) and other competitive offerings – including the ability to save readings into memory and easy reporting options via the PosiSoft suite of software as well as a two year warranty on gage body and probe.
The American-made impressor also features a durable field replaceable indentor and aluminum alloy test disks with leveling plate to verify gage accuracy. Conforms to ASTM B648/D2583, DIN EN 59 and AS/NZS 3572.22.
- Easy-to-read digital display
- Comparable to 934-1 Barcol Hardness Tester
- User-adjustable measurement time with onscreen countdown
- Includes spare, field replaceable indentor with replacement tool
- Lightweight, portable device can be used in any orientation
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant – weatherproof
- Hard-shell carrying case included
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip and wrist strap
- Two (2) year warranty on body and probe
- Long Form Certificate of Calibration included
- Includes hard and soft aluminum alloy test disks and leveling plate to verify gage operation
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for use on applications that require greater precision
- Conforms to national and international standards including ASTM
- PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector BHI, SHD, 6000, 200, DPM, IRT, RTR, SPG, SST, and UTG probes easily converting from a hardness tester to a coating thickness gage, dew point meter, infrared thermometer, surface profile gage, soluble salt tester, or ultrasonic wall thickness gage
- 1 and 2 point calibration options with Cal Reset to restore factory settings
- Selectable display languages
- High contrast LCD with backlit display
- Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
- Continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max thickness and number of surface profile readings
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
- Screen Capture -record and save image into USB flash memory for record keeping and review
- USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included
- PosiSoft solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting data:
- PosiSoft USB Drive -stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/ Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required
- PosiSoft.net account - a free web-based application offering secure storage of thickness readings
- PosiSoft 3.0 - desktop software (PC/Mac) for downloading, viewing, printing and storing measurement data. Available as a free download.
- PosiSoft Mobile -(Advanced models only) - access readings, graphs, capture photos and update notations through WiFi enabled devices such as tablets, smart phones and computers
- Software updates via web keep your gage current
Standard ModelsIncludes ALL features shown above plus...
- Storage of 250 readings per probe - stored readings can be viewed or downloaded
Advanced ModelsIncludes ALL features shown above plus...
- Storage of 100,000 readings from multiple probes in up to 1,000 batches and sub-batches
- Auto Sub-Batch—automatically create sub-batches after the required number of readings are taken
- Live graphing of measurement data
- Batch/Reading annotation—add notes and change batch names with onscreen QWERTY keyboard
- Store thickness, profile, environmental, salt contamination, hardness and wall thickness measurements in individual batches
- WiFi technology wirelessly synchronizes with PosiSoft.net and downloads software updates
- Bluetooth 4.0 Technology for data transfer to a mobile device running the PosiTector App or optional portable printer. BLE API available for integration into third-party software.
A Barcol Hardness Impressor is an instrument that measures the indentation hardness of soft metals (aluminum, aluminum alloys, copper, brass, etc.), harder plastics and fiber-reinforced plastics.
- Aluminum production
- Forgings, castings, raw stock inspection
- FRP/GRP - fiber and glass reinforced plastics (both reinforced and non-reinforced rigid plastics)
- Duro or hard thermo plastics
- Degree of cure in composite materials
The PosiTector BHI has numerous advantages over conventional analog instruments, and over many competitive digital instruments:
- Memory: The PosiTector BHI has the ability to save readings for archival or reporting, without the need for error-prone transcription. This greatly enhances the reliability and convenience of reporting.
- Reporting Software Options: The PosiTector BHI includes the PosiSoft suite of software for viewing and reporting data. Select from a powerful desktop version, built-in USB drive, web-based or mobile applications.
- Test Time: Some materials continue to deform while the measurement is being taken. To achieve consistent results, it is often recommended to record measurements after a set amount of time has elapsed. The PosiTector BHI allows users to set a test time, which begins counting down on the screen when the indentor is placed on the surface to be measured. After that period has elapsed, a measurement is recorded and displayed. This is vastly superior to existing methods of using a stopwatch, or more often, estimating when the required test time has elapsed.
- Auto Sub-Batch (Advanced models only): As with most measurement processes, it is advisable to take multiple measurements at each test location (spot), to ensure the user hasn’t taken an erroneous or outlying reading. With the Auto Sub-Batch feature, a new sub-batch is created after the desired number of measurements is taken, conveniently grouping readings from each location.
- Interchangeability: PosiTector body accepts all PosiTector BHI, SHD, 6000, 200, IRT, DPM, RTR, SPG, SST, and UTG probes easily converting from a hardness tester to a coating thickness gage, dew point meter, infrared thermometer, surface profile gage, soluble salt tester, or ultrasonic wall thickness gage.
The PosiTector BHI comes complete with a hard shell plastic case.
The durable probe tip is designed for long life and continuous accuracy. A glass zero plate and test disks are included for verifying accuracy. Replacement probe tips are available to replace worn, out of tolerance tips.
The PosiTector BHI is factory calibrated and for most applications no calibration adjustment is required. However, there may be times when a zero adjustment is necessary including after indentor replacement or to compensate for indentor wear. For best accuracy, the Gage should be zeroed on the included glass plate.
Yes. PosiTector BHI probes are compatible with PosiTector Standard gage bodies with a color display and PosiTector Advanced gage bodies with serial numbers greater than 784,000. You can simply update your existing PosiTector gage body by following step-by-step instructions at www.defelsko.com/update.
Yes. The NEW PosiTector BHI probes are compatible with PosiSoft Desktop v4, PosiSoft.net and the PosiTector App for Apple and Android. They are currently not compatible with the PosiTector SmartLink.
Each PosiTector BHI probe is calibrated against known conditions using NIST traceable equipment. A Long Form Certificate of Calibration containing actual measured values is included with each probe.
The PosiTector BHI probes have a 2 year warranty.
|Measurement Range||20 - 100 Barcol|
|Accuracy||± 2 Barcol|
|Gauge Body Size||137 x 61 x 28 mm (5.4" x 2.4" x 1.1")|
|Gauge Body Weight||140 g (4.9 oz) without batteries|
|Probe Size||145 x 97 x 64 mm (5.7" x 3.8" x 2.5")|
|Probe Headroom||140 mm (5.5")|
|Probe Weight||400 g ( 14.1 oz)|
PosiTector Barcol Hardness Impressor, Standard Kit - BHI1-G
PosiTector Barcol Hardness Impressor, Advanced Kit - BHI3-G
PosiTector® BHI Probe only. Display sold separately.
Spare indentor tips (2pk) for PosiTector BHI. Includes additional indentor with replacement tool.
Glass Zero Plate
Test Disks for verifying the operation of Barcol hardness impressors, Hard (5 pk)
Test Disks for verifying the operation of Barcol hardness impressors, Soft (5 pk)
AC Power Adapter, 100-230V for PosiTector 6000 Display
Protective Lens Shields, Pack of 5 for PosiTector® 6000 Display
Bluetooth Printer for PosiTector Series Gauges
10 Rolls of Paper for the Bluetooth Printer (PRINTERBT)