- The PosiTector CMM IS probes and free mobile app guides users through the ASTM F2170 documentation criteria. View and record readings directly with your Apple or Android smart device or PosiTector DPM Advanced gage
- Easily collect and report relative humidity and temperature in concrete floor slabs in conformance with ASTM F2170
- No need to open the hole or remove the cap. Probes remain powered on and broadcasting via Bluetooth while in situ for up to three weeks.
- Reusable Smart Probes
- Fast response precision sensors provide accurate, repeatable readings
- Fast acclimation, reduced testing time
- Combined sleeve and probe design simplifies the installation process and does not require consumables
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant -- weatherproof
- Cal Check function automatically determines whether a probe is reading within tolerance
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST included
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- Blue LED confirms the probe is powered on and broadcasting
- Includes free PosiTector mobile app for analyzing and reporting data
- Two year warranty on probes
- PosiTector DPM3 Advanced
- 5 CMM IS probes
- 5 Saturated Salt Solutions
- 5 Calibration Check Chambers
- 5 Caps
- Extraction Tool
- Tape Measure
- Vacuum Tool Attachments
- Ten A-76/LR-44 coin cell batteries
- Hard shell carrying case
1. PosiTector AppAn easy-to-use mobile app (iOS/Android) that connects to your PosiTector CMM IS Smart Probes.
- Displays the relative humidity and temperature of all PosiTector CMM IS Probes
- Record the date and time of all measurement steps in accordance with ASTM F2170
- Include a Blueprint, drawing and images to overlay precise hole/probe locations
- Automatically generate custom, professional PDF reports with all information required by ASTM F2170 - Include on-site pictures, screen captures, notes and more
2. PosiTector DPM Advanced*PosiTector DPM Advanced model included with the Pro Kit
- Displays the relative humidity and temperature of all PosiTector CMM IS Probes as well as the relative humidity and ambient temperature of the PosiTector DPM probe
- Storage of 100,000 datasets in up to 1,000 batches
- Includes PosiSoft Suite of solutions for analyzing and reporting data
|Temperature||0° to 80° C||±0.5° C||0.1° C|
|32° to 175° F||±1° F||0.1° F|
|Humidity||10 to 90%||±2%*||0.1%|
When mixing concrete, water must be added to create a workable mix, and to allow the cement to hydrate and cure. After hardening, much of this water remains as moisture within the porous concrete slab. Over the following months, this moisture is slowly emitted from the concrete until it eventually equalizes with the surrounding moisture levels.
When applying flooring materials or coatings to concrete, it is critical to ensure that the moisture level inside the concrete has decreased to acceptable levels. If not, moisture can accumulate below the flooring or coating, causing discoloration, cupping, buckling, blistering, adhesive failure, and mold growth. Flooring manufacturers often specify allowable moisture levels before flooring is installed.
In Situ concrete moisture meter probes are placed within drilled holes in the concrete and measure the relative humidity and temperature within the concrete floor. In-situ probes directly measure the actual moisture conditions within the concrete using precision digital sensors- regardless of mix, aggregate types, floor thickness, or surface conditions. Potential sources of error are minimized compared to other methods, and in-situ sensors can be calibrated with traceability to national standards.
Several alternate technologies exist for measuring concrete moisture, each with limitations:
Non-destructive electronic meters measure the electrical impedance of the concrete, which is related to moisture levels. However, these meters can be affected by other factors such as variations in concrete composition, and the presence of reinforcing materials. ASTM recommends that these instruments be used as a comparator, and not for determining absolute moisture content.
The anhydrous calcium chloride test involves measuring the increase in weight of salt as it collects moisture from an encapsulated area of the concrete surface. However, significant doubts concerning the accuracy of this test have arisen. There is no practical way to calibrate these kits, they measure moisture only on the surface of the concrete, and they are heavily influenced by ambient conditions.
PosiTector CMM IS probes can communicate wirelessly via Bluetooth with either the PosiTector App (iOS/Android) or PosiTector DPM Advanced instruments.
Both solutions offer the ability to wirelessly view and store readings from PosiTector CMM IS probes.
- The PosiTector app has a custom interface for taking measurements in accordance with ASTM F2170, and allows users to import a PDF blueprint or image and overlay hole/probe locations. The date and time of all measurement steps can also be recorded. A custom PDF report including all data and metadata required by ASTM can be generated at the touch of a button.
- PosiTector DPM Advanced instruments display the in situ relative humidity and temperature measurements from PosiTector CMM IS probes alongside the ambient temperature and relative humidity measurements from the connected PosiTector DPM probe. Easily store datasets into memory for later reporting with the PosiSoft suite of software.
The PosiTector CMM IS has numerous advantages over competitive in situ concrete moisture measurement solutions. Two of the largest innovations are the unique combined sleeve and probe design and the wireless Bluetooth communication:
- A combined sleeve and probe design makes PosiTector CMM IS probes easier to install, and requires no consumables. Easily remove probes from the hole using the extraction tool.
- Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 communication allows measurements to be taken without the need for a reader device, and without having to open the hole. Quick-pairing Bluetooth Smart technology allows for faster, easier inspections.
We recommend storing the PosiTector CMM IS probes in the Calibration Check Chamber when not in use. The Calibration Check Chamber and Saturated Salt Solution are designed in accordance with ASTM E104 to maintain a constant relative humidity environment of 75.3% @ 25° C, allowing quick verification of accuracy before use in accordance with ASTM F2170.
Yes. The Calibration Check Chamber and Saturated Salt Solution were designed to maintain a constant relative humidity of 75.3% @ 25° C. Relative Humidity variation due to temperature fluctuation for the Calibration Check Chamber is shown in the table below. When verifying accuracy of PosiTector CMM IS probes, it is important to maintain a constant temperature within the chamber for 24 hours prior to measurement.
|°C||°F||Sodium Chloride (RH%)|
A typical battery will continuously power the probe for up to 3 weeks. The battery should be removed when not in use.
Each PosiTector CMM IS probe is calibrated against known conditions using NIST traceable equipment. A Long Form Certificate of Calibration containing actual measured values is included with each probe.
The PosiTector CMM IS has 2 year warranty.
$95 for the first three probes, and $30 each probe thereafter. Therefore, the cost to recertify 5 probes is $155 ($95 for the first three probes and $60 for the additional two).
PosiTector CMM IS Complete Kit
Salt Solution for use with the PosiTector CMM IS - 10 Pack
Replacement caps for use with the PosiTector CMM IS - 4 Pack
Replacement caps for use with the PosiTector CMM IS - 16 Pack
Replacement fins for the PosiTector CMM IS - 4 Pack
Replacement fins for the PosiTector CMM IS - 16 Pack
Replacement extraction tool for use with the PosiTector CMM IS - 3 Pack
Replacement A-76/LR-44 coin cell batteries for PosiTector CMM IS - 10 Pack