The ESMH-DC Advanced Motorized Force Measurement Test Stand offers all the mechanical specifications of the ESM motorized test stand, including 50 lb (250 N) force capacity, smooth top surface for coefficient of friction testing, integrated limit switches, stepper motor design that prevents speed variation with load, and more.
The ESMH-DC offers expanded capabilities, including PC control, programmable cycling, auto return, and other features.
- Mounting Holes for bench mounting
- Removable loading plate with matrix of #10-32 threaded holes
- RS-232, Mitutoyo and analog outputs
- The ESMH-DC is supplied with a small hook, medium hook, 2" diameter compression plate, extension rod, and #10-32 coupler.
- Computer Control
- Overload Protection Protects a force gauge against overload (requires a Series BG force gauge and 09-1143 multi-function cable). The user programs the desired percentage of full scale of the gauge. Adjustable analog output voltage setting allows the test stand to interface with virtually any force gauge with analog output.
The crosshead moves to a limit switch or force set point (requires a Series BG force gauge), stops, and reverses direction at maximum speed to the other limit switch or set point.
- Cycling / Dwell Time
The crosshead moves up and down between limit switches or force set points (requires a Series BG force gauge). Configurable up to 99,999 cycles. Dwell time allows the operator to program the amount of time, up to 9,999.9 seconds, in 0.1 second intervals, for which the crosshead pauses at limits.
- Programmable LEFT / RIGHT Button Functions
LEFT and RIGHT button operation can be configured in three user-configurable modes: Maintained: a short push produces continuous motion until STOP is pressed, Momentary: crosshead moves only while the button is pressed, and Auto: short push produces maintained motion, while holding down the button will produce momentary motion.
Independent Left and Right Speeds
Programmable independent speeds for left and right directions
- Selectable speed units of measurement (in/min & mm/min)
- Password protection Prevents unauthorized changes to test parameters
An RS-232 port is provided to interface with a PC. The ESMH-DC accepts a number of commands pertaining to test stand motion and force gauge functions*. The following additional items are required for PC control:
- Series BG force gauge (more info)
- 09-1056 serial cable (see Optional Equipment)
- 09-1143 multi-function cable (see Optional Equipment)
|Capacity||50 lbs / 25 Kg / 250 N|
|Stroke||13" [330 mm], 12" [305 mm] w/optional travel display|
|Travel Rate||0.2 - 50 in/min [5 - 1270 mm/min]|
|Speed Accuracy||±2% of setting, ±0% variation with load|
|Limit Switch Repeatability||±0.001" [0.03 mm]|
|Dimensions||Refer to Dimensions above|
|Operating Temperature Range||40 - 100°F, max. 96% humidity, non-condensating|
|Compatible Gauges||BG and MG|
ESMH Motorized Test Stand with digital speed controller REPLACED BY ESM303H
Digital travel display, 12" x 0.0005 (300 mm x 0.01)
Multi-function cable, gauge to test stand
Serial cable, test stand to PC
Cable, travel display to Mitutoyo
Communication adapter, Mitutoyo to RS-232, 9-pin
Cable, RS-232 9-Pin
Communication adapter, RS-232 to USB