MLT Portable Yarn Tension & Rate Meter
Max Yarn Speed: 1,000 m/min or 1100 yd/min
The Model MLT WESCO meter is a stand-alone electronic apparatus for accurately measuring and displaying three (3) quality-critical parameters involved in knitting, namely, yarn consumption, yarn tension and yarn speed. All contribute to producing repeatable, uniform quality fabric and products from circular knitting machines with rotating needle cylinders and flat knitting machines, including all body, hosiery and sock machines.
The WESCO MLT displays the Normal, Average and Peak values for yarn tension. All values are shown on an easy to read back-lit LCD display.
A unique, trigger-operated, yarn access system provides easy and sure yarn access and contact with a yarn tension-sensing pin and a yarn speed wheel, while a machine frame-mounted sensor counts revolutions every time a specific, rotating or moving magnetic part passes it, to provide machine RPM and yarn consumption information
This easy-to-use instrument accumulates the data required to produce repeatable, uniform material and products from one machine to the next, even when using different cylinder diameters.
- Accurately measures Machine Speed, Yarn Length, Yarn Tension and Yarn Speed, in selectable metric or English units
- Also displays yarn Normal, Average and Peak Tension values realized during the measuring periodd
- Battery-powered, lightweight and well-balanced for high portability and easy handling
- User can adjust the preset cylinder rotation count from 1 to 100 as desired
- MLT WESCO gauge supplied with Battery Charger, Revolution Sensor, Sensor Holder, Magnet, Calibration Kit supplied in Carrying Case
- 1-Year Warranty
|Supplied as a complete kit with MLT WESCO meter, Battery Charger (with US, EU, UK, & Australia Plug Adapters), Revolution Sensor (with cable and plug), Holder for Revolution Sensor, Magnet with holder, Calibration Kit (20g weight + yarn sample) and Instruction Manual all supplied in a foam-fitted Carrying Case|
|Tension Measuring Range||0 - 50 cN (normal, average or peak value)|
|Max yarn speed||1,000 m/min or 1100 yd/min|
|Power Supply||Two 1.2 V rechargeable NiMH batteries|
|Battery Charger||Primary, 100 to 240 V AC, 47 - 63 Hz; secondary 5 V, 2 A DC|
|LCD Digital Display||1 to 9,999 metres or inches|
|Revolution measuring range||1 to 100 revolutions|
|Battery Life||50 hours in normal service|
|Battery stand-by time||300 hours|
|Accuracy||± 1 cm or ± 1 inch|
|PDF Brochure||Instruction Manual|
|Spare Parts Listing|