The PosiTest DFT Coating Thickness Gage measures coatings on metal substrates. It is the economical choice that retains the uncompromising quality of PosiTest coating thickness and inspection instruments. Accurate and economical the DFT is the ideal instrument for Powder Coaters, Paint Applicators, Coating Inspectors... Easy-to-read oversized LCD display is reversible for reading when inverted.
measures non-magnetic coatings on steel.
measures both non-magnetic coatings on steel AND non-conductive coatings on aluminum, brass, etc. Automatically recognizes the substrate and takes a measurement.
- Powder Coaters
- Paint Applicators and Contractors
- Coating Inspectors
- Automotive Detailers, Refinishers and Inspectors
- Includes Long Form Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Fast, repeatable measurements - 60+ readings per minute
- Ready to measure - No adjustment required for most applications
- Zero or 1 Point Calibration Adjustment for complex applications
- Onscreen averaging for up to 99 readings
- Strong, wear-resistant, ruby-tipped probe
- V-groove in probe for positioning on cylindrical parts
- High contrast color display
- Adjustable display brightness for optimal visibility in all environments
- Auto rotating display with rotation lock
- Simple icon based menu
- Handy RESET feature when no zero reference is available
- Mils/microns switchable
- Built-in wrist strap for added convenience and safety
- Two year warranty
|Measurement Range||0 - 40 mils|
0 - 1000 µm
|Accuracy||±(0.1 mils + 3%)|
±(2 µm + 3%)
|Size||108 x 43 x 20 mm (4.25" x 1.7" x 0.8")|
|Weight||54 g (1.9 oz.) without batteries|
|Conforms to||ISO 2178/2360/2808, ISO 19840, ASTM B244/B499/D7091/ E376/G12, BS3900-C5, SSPC-PA2 and others.|
The DFT comes complete with built-in probe, wrist strap, plastic shims, Long Form Certificate of Calibration traceable to PTB, hard shell storage case, AAA battery, instructions, and two (2) year warranty.