DCF-3000FX - Measures Coatings on Ferrous (steel, iron) Only
DCN-3000FX - Measures Coatings on Non-Ferrous (non-magnetic metal) Only
DCFN-3000FX - Combination Model, Measures Coatings on both Ferrous and Non-Ferrous metal
The Check-Line 3000FX Series coating thickness gauge is a powerful and precise coating thickness gauge designed for measurement of paint and non-magnetic coatings on steel and iron as well as paint and anodizing coatings on non-ferrous metals. All external probes are machined to ultra-high standards and utilize a unique, hard-metal probe tip which prevents probe wear.
A v-notched footer provides a stable footing on small cylindrical parts, which can be removed to expose a "micro-probe" sensor perfect to measure on small surfaces and parts.
Where to use 3000FX Series?
Wherever coatings are applied – whether on visual and aesthetic grounds, to prevent corrosion protection, or for functional and mechanical reasons – the coating thickness represents an essential quality feature. The 3000FX Series is ideal for speedy, non-destructive and exceptionally precise coating thickness measurement.
- The 3000FX Series is a compact, lightweight coating thickness gauge for operators who require both innovative and user-friendly measuring techniques
- The 3000FX Series ensures non-destructive coating thickness measurement on steel and non Ferrous metals
- Data transfer to a printer or PC takes place via an infra-red interface
- Up to 10 000 readings can be statistically evaluated: number of readings, mean value, standard deviation, minimum and maximum reading.
- The 3000FX Series identifies the substrate and activates the appropriate measuring procedure.
- Menu in a choice of three languages ensures ease of operation
- The uniform contact pressure of the sensor is kept to a minimum, preventing scratches and indentations to sensitive surfaces.
- Two optional high temperature footers for measuring on surfaces up to 150 °C/302 °F or up to 300 °C/572 °F
- Traceable Certificate Included at no additional cost
- 2 Year Warranty
|Minimum Radius for Convex Surfaces||0.12" (3 mm)|
|Minimum Radius for Concave Surfaces||0.2" (5 mm)|
|Minimum Headroom||4" (100 mm)|
|Minimum Sample Diameter||0.2" (5 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - F||20 mils (0.5 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness - NFe||2 mils (50 um)|
|0.00 - 9.99 mils||0.01 mils|
|10.00 - 24.98 mils||0.02 mils|
|25.00 - 49.95 mils||0.05 mils|
|50.0 - 60.0 mils||0.1 mils|
|0.0 - 99.9 µm||0.1 µm|
|100.0 - 249.8 µm||0.2 µm|
|250.0 - 499.5 µm||0.5 µm|
|500 - 1500 µm||1 µm|
|Measuring principle:||Magnetic induction principle (Ferrous)|
Eddy-current principle (Non-Ferrous)
|Range||0 - 60.00 mils|
0 - 1500 µm
|Accuracy||±0.04 mils / 1µm + 1% of reading|
|Resolution||Refer to RESOLUTION TABLE, above|
|Display||back-light, 4-digit alphanumeric, digit height 10mm|
|Minimum Measuring Area||0.2" x 0.2" (5 mm x 5 mm)|
|Minimum Curvature Radius||convex: 0.12" (3 mm), concave: 0.2" (5 mm)|
|Minimum Substrate Thickness||Ferrous: 20 mils / 0.5 mm|
Non-Ferrous: 2 mils / 50 µm
|Calibration||factory calibration, zero calibration, foil calibration, offset-function: addition or subtraction of a constant value|
|Statistics Program||Number of readings, mean value, standard deviation, maximum and minimum reading of max. 10,000 readings|
|Data Output||Infrared IrDA Standard|
|Operating Temp.||32 °F - 122 °F / 0 °C - 50 °C|
|Surface Temp.||5° F - 140° F / -15° C - 60° C (standard)|
5° - 302° F / 15° - 150° C (w/3000-HTF)
5° - 572° F / 15° - 300° C (w/3000-HTF-300C)
|Storage Temp.||-4 °F to 140 °F / -20 °C to +60 °C|
|Power||2 AA 1.5V|
|Dimensions||5.6" x 2.5" x 1.2" (140 mm x 62 mm x 30 mm)|
|Weight||7 oz (200 g) (gauge + probe)|
|Protection Class||IP 52 (proof against dust and dripping water)|
|Standards||DIN, ISO, ASTM, BS|